Sunday, April 20, 2008

Arches

Delicate Arch.
This past weekend I went on a trip to Arches National Park. It was a way fun trip, and extremely random since me and my friends didnt decide to go until thursday night. The only problem with the lack of planning, was that we ended up sleeping at some elementary playground on the wood chips cause the sprinklers came on whem we were on the grass.

I do have to say that Arches is probably one of the coolest places I have ever been. There probably were more tourists from switzerland and Japan than any other place that I have been. Not only were the arches great, the people there were in their own catagory of greatness. I didnt realize that when I went to see Delicate Arch at sunset the real show was going to be the people there. There was one guy that felt like he needed to run around the steep cliff surrounding all of us and the Arch. He obviously needed to get from one point to the other at intense speeds, even if he was gambling with a 100 ft drop. There was also a Japanese man that was totally unimpressed with the Arch because he seemed to take a picture of everything except the arch. I felt bad for the guy cause at first I thought that he just hadnt noticed it yet, since he was looking at the rocks surrounding the base of the Arch. Slowly his niave-ness was getting on my nerves and I started to wisper in an inspirational tone"look up....look up....". Im sure that he heard me because where the Arch was located the surroundings served as a microphone and you could pretty much hear every conversation going on. Needless to say, the guy finally looked up. There was also a Swiss woman that felt it was her job to regulate how much "arch time" people got. If you took more than 2 pictures under the arch you could bet that you were going to get the wrath of the Swiss. Oh and also there was some punk-nugget kid that thought he would try and deface the Arch with his name infront of a bunch of Moab hippies. I thought he was going to get stoned or thrown off the edge of the cliff.

Anyway I strongly suggest going and checking this National Park out, it was awesome, maybe plan a place to stay though if you go.

5 comments:

meg said...

Sounds like a fun trip I might enjoy--are there any 5 star hotels around?

chrissy said...

Well we stayed in the parking lot at a la quinta inn one night. It had a continnental breakfast that we sorta took advantage of since technically, we did stay there.

Mr. Belvedeere said...

everyone knows the swiss are wussies because they've spent way too much time developing the perfect hot cocoa mix

Mr. Belvedeere said...

by the way, do you have any pictures where you're not showing off your arms?

chrissy said...

Those pictures wouldnt be worth showing...